If you're hosting the holiday, you'll be the one that misses out on the joy of unwrapping it you're constantly having to jump up and get things.
Make the Unwrapping event a little easier by preparing a tray of "tools" that can slide under the couch. You can do this at any time - as long as you don't have small children around. If you do have small children, create the tray, but stash it somewhere else until after the kids are in bed on Christmas Eve. During the Unwrap, you can pull the tray out and have easy access to anything you need.
My little tool tray includes:
- A pair of scissors for cutting through ribbon.
- A pen and note pad - for keeping track of who gave what to whom
- A garbage bag or 2 - keeping the wrapping under control helps to insure that things don't get lost and/or thrown away by mistake.
- A box cutter - for getting through those "clam shell" type packages.
- A pair of wire cutters - So many things are packaged using zip ties or twist ties, this make getting toys out of their packaging quick and easy.
- One reuseable shopping bag for each family member. This provides and easy place for everyone to corral their small items together. It also makes it much easier for everyone to haul their stuff into their rooms at the end of the day.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!